2015 Reading Challenges!

So, last year I tried to participate in a few reading challenges from around the internet. I think there was a read x number of translated novels, and x novels about villains/superheros and um.. working on the Masters of SciFi list. Yeah. I failed to complete any of them. I win at in-completion!

I did however manage to read 50 books over the year, which was my goal. And by "books" I mean, novels and graphic novels. And by "over the year" I mean in the first six months. I don't know what happened there. I had an awesome start, made it to about 40 books by the end of May. And then... nothing. Not another one until late November. And then it was just graphic novels in a desperate attempt to make it to 50. But the important thing, and the thing that I am trying to remind myself about, is that I did actually read. I did achieve a goal.

So anyway, as I am a sucker for challenges, I am going to once again set myself some to try for the new year. 2015. I am 90% sure I will fail at completing any of these challenges, but I will try. That is the important thing right? Trying?And with this trying, I am starting afresh with a clean blog. I've deleted all the other entries. A fresh start for a fresh new year.

So. Challenges. I am going to try these:

The TBR Double Dog Dare - For this challenge I can only read books in my TBR pile for the first three months of the year.

Around the World 2015 - For this challenge, I create a googlemap and I add the locations for every book I read. I think it will be interesting to see how worldly my reading is.

The Deal Me In Short Story Challenge - For this challenge, you pick 52 short stories and assign each to a playing card in a regular deck of cards. Then once a week you randomly draw a card and that is the story you read!

I think most of them might be doable, because none of them have a set amount of books to read. I am also thinking about participating in another one, but I don't know. Thinking. Maybe. Hmm.